Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, happy anniversary! Did you know that on December 13th, we celebrated five years in ministry together? It’s true, and it’s also hard to say where these five years have gone. We have come so far down the road together since that snowy, blowy December in 2012, and I am excited to see where God will continue to lead us. With both this anniversary and our upcoming annual meetings in mind, I thought it would be a good idea to take this opportunity to reflect on what God has been doing among us, as well as where God is calling us into the future. As part of this reflection, I am going to give you a few questions to ponder ahead of the meetings. Our councils will also discuss these questions at their January council meetings, and we all look forward to what you will contribute to the conversation. Please take the time before the meetings to prayerfully consider your answers, so that our group discernment may be fruitful. Here’s to another five faith-filled years of ministry together!
In Christ, Pastor Breen
Questions to Ponder
In the Past
- In December of 2012, what were your hopes and dreams for your church? For the parish?
- In December of 2012, what were you nervous about in regards to your church? The parish?
- Where did you think God was calling us?
In the Present
- In the past five years, what about our church have you been excited about? The parish?
- In the past five years, what have been some things that made you nervous?
- How has God been working, in and among us?
Into the Future
- In January 2018, what are you nervous about in regards to your church? The parish?
- In January 2018, what are your hopes and dreams for your church? For the parish?
- Where do you think God is calling us now (it might be the same or different from the past)?
- Where are some places in our homes and communities that need the light of Christ?
- What are some gifts that we have that God is calling us to share with the world?